Friday, January 1, 2016

All about that baseline

I don't remember where I heard that the way you bring in a new year sets the tone for the entire year. And I know, the way some people celebrate New Year's, that would be ridiculous: "I want to spend 2016 drunk and freezing my balls off in Times Square, wearing a stupid corporate-branded hat and squished against a bajillion other people!"**

Still, if that idea is even a little true, I'm kind of OK with spending this year employed (two jobs, even), well rested, well sheltered and warm, reasonably attractive, and having a group of bad-ass, supportive people who love me.

See also: coffee, bourbon, hugs from friends' kids, lipstick, and cookies. 

Sure, there are elements of my life I'm trying to change. But if the above is my baseline, I'm not mad at it.

Happy official new year, you guys. I'm glad y'all are here. 

** From a less snarky perspective, "I want to spend 2016 having memorable, once-in-a-lifetime adventures in exciting places with people I love" isn't such a terrible plan. 

Those hats are still the worst, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment