Sunday, October 18, 2015

Defeating your purpose with drunk texts

A friend got a late-night drunk text from a guy last night (not even a booty call, 'twas about the feels), and I got one recently as well, leading us to a conversation about what people are thinking when they do this.

For me, the late-night drunk text will get you absolutely nowhere. In fact, it will set you back, because in addition to whatever the text says (which I automatically think is drunken horseshit because of the time, OR that you meant to text someone else), you're also saying you don't think enough of me to come correct soberly and say it by the light of day. It's insulting, and pretty much makes you look like an asshole. 

I can't even imagine how much shit I'd get if I pulled that on a guy. I wouldn't even get to defend myself -- he'd probably just block my number, because it's a dick move. If a chick did it, we'd get written off as your crazy psycho stalker. (Unless it's a booty call, in which case I think we'd be cleared. Maybe... I personally have such a hard time sleeping that if anyone woke me up planning to penetrate me, I'd probably be pretty pissed. Don't know how dudes would react.)

P.S. I AM, however, allllll about the late-night drunk email. It doesn't wake anyone up, and I like waking up to long-form sexiness in my inbox...tee hee...

No comments:

Post a Comment