Monday, February 1, 2016

Floral Sex

A horrible ad has been popping up on my Pandora Radio lately, telling me, "This Valentine's Day, give your man a not-so-subtle hint: Tell him to order flowers from Such-and-Such Place."

Tell...TELL HIM?!

Wow, what a spontaneous and romantic gesture that'll be for me. Should I go select the exact bouquet I want and just send him a link, or does he at least get THAT much credit? Because OMG, men are SO clueless, amirite, ladies?!

I once had an ex tell me I "hint with a hammer," because I usually just say what I want, but I've never pulled THAT shit.

Jesus Christ, if Valentine's Day is that important to you, your Person should know to get your fucking flowers.

I like Valentine's Day. When in a relationship, I personally like to spend it at home with a movie, pizza, and nudity, because I've generally felt loved every day in my relationships and don't feel the need to make it such a Thing. (I am also cheap and lazy.) But still, I like love and celebrations thereof. I like flowers and hearts and pink crap and on-sale candy the next day.

But I hate the implication that all women are whoreticulturists and all men are inept.

...It's possible I have too many feelings about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment