Sunday, February 7, 2016

You use your words, I'll use your penis.

I can't stand first messages on OkCupid that only say, "Pretty."

You obviously think I'm pretty. The subtext of every online dating message is, "Hello. I find you attractive enough that I'd like to apply my penis to you in some way." You could've shouted "pretty" from a moving car -- it's an online catcall. What else ya got? 

Similarly, messages that just say "hey" or "hi." What am I supposed to do with that? You may as well have just grunted at me.

I don't have many dealbreakers, but the ability to construct a half-decent sentence is a big one. In the past 5 years I've known three men I could've easily dated and gotten naked with for at least a year. The only thing they had in common was that they were quick-witted, smart, and good conversationalists, which made them IMMENSELY sexy. (OK, fine -- they were also all adept at fingering.) I don't need a writer, I don't need flawless grammar. But I'm turned on by words, and men who use them, especially behind a keyboard, where you have time to craft. So I'm not settling for "hey."

Addendum: As I was writing this post, a first message came in that said, "Hey baby. Mmm" -- sweet merciful shit, are you kidding me? I AM A LADY, MOTHERFUCKER!

No comments:

Post a Comment