Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Elbows Guy: The Final Chapter...I think...

Email to a female friend, subject: "Be proud."

Me: "When I wrote the email telling Elbows Guy I don't want a second date, I revised a few different ways, but each time made myself remove the words 'I'm sorry.'"

Friend: "I am VERY proud of you. Well done."

Me: "I didn't even lie and say I met someone. I just said I didn't want to."

I ran the email past a male friend first to get a man's perspective, to ensure it wasn't douchey but didn't leave room for debate. He said the email would be fine for a normal guy, but told me with this dude, I may get asked for an explanation.

Five minutes after I sent the email, I got a text from the Bitches Get Shit Done group: "You will survive being uncomfortable. You may even be better off for it." Kelly Sue DeConnick is the aunt I've always wanted.

P.S. I just saw that he looked at my LinkedIn profile yesterday, which is not at all disconcerting. I think it's locked down to just my network, though... Probably... 

P.P.S. I underestimated him. He replied politely and even thanked me for NOT doing The Fadeaway. I mean, he said it in a way that made it sound as if all women do that (and maybe they do, to him), but I'll still give him a point for it. Only one, though -- he'd lost 50 points for heckling my dry elbow skin while all the moisture he needed was IN MY VAGINA, so he's still netting out at -49.

No comments:

Post a Comment