Monday, May 23, 2016

Fresh Off the NOPE

First message on OkCupid: "So out of all the people who message you how many would you say are asian?"

*blink* Uh...

It's FROM an Asian guy, but still, what a strange first question. Am I supposed to respond with a number? That'd be pretty fucked up -- I'm pretty sure it's not cool to track the number of people from any given race who've messaged me. Plus, I don't have time to be racist. It seems exhausting to divvy up my misanthropy into groups.

Also, you probably meant "what percentage." If I said none of them have been Asian, but I've only had three guys message me in total, that's not really statistically significant.

...Aaand now you've just forced me into heckling an Asian person about math. Thanks, now I AM a racist. Dick.

No comments:

Post a Comment