Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Putting the "men" in "entitlement."

A 27-year-old on OkCupid sent me an intro message the other night, and I wasn't interested, so I deleted it without responding.

This morning he sent a followup message: "You're too pretty to give up on. I'm very persistent!"

Sweetie? This brand of "persistence" does not end with you getting the girl. Please don't make me get all J. Lo in Enough -- no one needs to see my midriff, I'm too lazy to learn boxing, and I would look absurd with that haircut. So maybe just quit being a dick.

I've also noticed many profiles that say things like, "If I send you a message, it's rude to just ignore it and leave me wondering. The least you can do is write back to say you're not interested." Um, no, actually. The LEAST I can do is ignore you. It's one click to delete a message. Writing you back adds the effort of keystrokes, so... that's more I'd have to do, not least. See how words work?

And boo hoo, a stranger finds me "rude?" Not polite and acquiescent like a proper lady should be? I'm sad. No, really. This is my sad face.

If a guy doesn't respond to my message within a day or two, I don't wonder -- he's not interested.

Via Body For Wife: She Doesn't Owe You Shitowe

No comments:

Post a Comment