Tuesday, September 15, 2015

In which I betray the sisterhood.

Via The Mary Sue: Trevor Noah Lauds Women in Comedy, Acknowledges Vanity Fair Photo Spread

Honest question -- how are you gonna shit on him for "man-splaining" when he's...a man....you've asked...to explain something? I don't think there was anything wrong with his answer. P.S. He's an up-and-coming comedian about to take over a massive empire of a TV show. Exactly what 18- to 34-year-old male boat do you think he wants to rock right this minute?

That cover represents the CURRENT late-night hosts. Samantha Bee's show won't be on for months yet; Chelsea Handler's show isn't on anymore. If anything, I'm happy the cover is making so many people go, "Oh, hey, yeah, this IS a large group of white fucks. Let's talk about that."

I'm sure when Samantha Bee's show gets closer, she'll have a ton of covers (she BETTER), and I'm super excited to have a lady in late-night, but for right this second, yeah, it's kind of a sausage-fest.

Get Shonda Rhimes on this, man. "Night Times with Shonda Rhimes?" I'd watch the HELL out of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment