Monday, September 14, 2015

The Urban Legend of Squad Goals

I've been debating joining a local blogging group, but I'm hesitant, mostly because I really do want this page to stay... I guess SEMI-private? I don't mind if close friends see it, because they know I'm a sailor-mouth nutcase, and strangers who happen upon it can follow it if they enjoy that, but I'd prefer that, like, my dad not read it, because...ew. And the same thing goes for professional-ish contacts. 

Also, I have some issues with the content, like... I don't know if I'm ashamed of this stuff or not. This page is basically my id's blog -- it's what comes out when I let go of my filter, which is admittedly faulty sometimes. I was in mixed company the other night and made some jokes I'd make here, but I was thinking about it afterward, like, "Why did you say that? They're going to think you're slutty and you've never even DONE that."

I alternate between a blustery, "Pfft, whatEVER, I give ZERO fucks what these people think. I am awesome and hilarious and my tribe gets me" and "I am a Carrie-Bradshaw-wannabe hack who's not funny OR sexy, and they're going to think I'm trashy and find my grandpa and tell him I say 'fuck' on the Internet.'"

Much like the rest of my life, I guess it's time to give some thought to what I want this blog to be -- if I want to continue the id of it all, or maybe write something else under my real name. Or both. Or neither.

UGH. THOUGHTS. We'll add this to career and personal goal development, because you know what I found out, you guys? There are some people who don't just obtain a job and then pray they don't lose it. They, like, DO shit to advance their careers and their lives, and they have these, um... "aspirations," I think was the word? Freaky, right? Next you're gonna tell me people really floss.

No comments:

Post a Comment